Book Camp Now
Let’s Go! Summer Schools are delighted to be partners with the Healthy Ireland Initiative!
Healthy Ireland envisions an Ireland where everyone can enjoy physical and mental health and wellbeing to their full potential.
According to recent studies, four out of five children in the Republic of Ireland are still not getting enough exercise. The national guidelines for physical activity recommend that all children and young people (Aged 2 – 18) should be active for at least 60 minutes every day
It’s important to give children and young people opportunities to be active every day during their normal family, school and community activities
Physical activity helps children;
· Improve agility, balance and co-ordination.
· Feel more energised - endorphins are released into their bloodstream during activity.
· Feel happier, by reducing feelings of stress, anxiety and depression.
· Burn and generate more energy.
· Improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
· Maintain healthy weight.
· Prevents illness by helping to build a healthy heart and develop strong muscles and bones
· Improve concentration.
· Improve self-esteem and helps them feel good about themselves.
· Develop friendships.